Monday, March 19, 2012

El's Shells


While Nate took care of the steak, I concocted a new recipe: El's Shells. It was a big hit!

Ingredients:
Shell pasta
Vegetable Bouillon cube
Salt and pepper
Sage (a handful)
1-2 tablespoons butter
Sweet potato
Parmesan cheese

I got water boiling with salt and a vegetable bouillon cube first, so I'd be ready for the shells. Then I cut up a sweet potato (my favorite thing to cook with!) and fried it up in a little butter in pan until the edges were golden brown. I added a bunch of sage (which I have growing on my windowsill). When the shells were al dente, I poured them out but saved about a cup of the water. Back in the pot over low heat, I mixed the shells, water, sweet potato, sage, some butter and a whole lot of Parmesan cheese. The Parmesan cheese melted into a sort of glaze over the shells and everything else and with a little salt and pepper it was delicious! Next time I might try some crushed walnuts in there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment