Monday, March 12, 2012

Cold Frame

My grandfather was big into gardening. He and my grandmother would spend hours and hours in their gardens - DiDaddy growing vegetables and Nini growing flowers. They were award-winning. I can only hope a few of those genes have been handed my way.


Aside from gardening, DiDaddy was also big into organization. After he died we cleaned out the basement and found something like 27 hammers, each with its own special spot to hang in a peg board. He labeled everything meticulously and put everything he owned away carefully for the next use. The great thing about this is that the cold frame he built is still in the barn, with all of its pieces, carefully labeled. It took Dad and me less than half an hour to assemble. Thank you DiDaddy, now I have a cold frame to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment