Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Nani Iro Vest



I got this adorable Nani Iro Pocho quilted double-gauze fabric from Miss Matatabi and decided to make Lucy a vest. I copied the measurements loosely on a size 3T t-shirt I had, and took instruction from this post by Sewing Rabbit and this post by Sew a Little Seam. Both were super helpful! This was also one of my first attempts using bias binding, and I love how clean it looks! I used the pale pink at the arms and neck to make it look more feminine, but in retrospect I wish I had used orange for all of it because then it would be easier to pass down to George. Live and learn!




1 comment:

  1. A haori jacket is a traditional Japanese garment that has been popular for centuries. Haori jackets are usually made of silk, cotton, or other lightweight fabrics and have a kimono-style silhouette with wide sleeves.

    ReplyDelete