Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sewing Projects

My first sewing project:

Recovering the window seat cushion in navy ticking!
My second sewing project:

More stripes!
Covering the couch
This is a much bigger project than I anticipated!
My sewing table has a lovely view
I should warn that I don't actually know how to sew. As with most of my projects, I just got really excited, bought a sewing machine, and dove in! I'm loosely following this tutorial that I found on Pinterest (and when has Pinterest ever led me astray?)! I'm not using a pattern, just laying the fabric on the couch, pinning around all the edges, then sewing anywhere there is a pin. I turned it inside out and voila! It fits! It turns out couches take a while. A long while. And much more fabric than I anticipated - the first 8 yards got me through the frame of the couch and one cushion. Luckily another JoAnn's store had more of the same fabric and my mom picked up another 6 yards! In retrospect I would have saved money and a lot of time by just buying a slipcover. In the meantime I'm getting a crash course in sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment