Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rose

I was so jealous of the Knock Out Roses that mom bought for Molly's wedding this summer I had to get some of my own. Thus, at Home Depot while stocking up on potting soil I got 1 bush of "Cherry Red" (they look hot pink) Double Knockout Roses for $24.99. I had been planning to resist but they're so pretty! I got home and immediately put it in one of the deep terracotta pots (lined with a trash bag to keep moisture in). I also put three of the pepper plants in one of the huge pots. I went with two "Tangerine Dream" which I know will stay small and one "Summer Sun Hybrid" which will be red and probably too big. I will have to come up with some sort of cage support as that one gets bigger. Sadly I didn't have any luck with the smaller "Red Popper" peppers, only one of the seedlings survived and it is looking scrawny to say the least. I will have to give some of the "Tangerine Dream" peppers away, so many of them are thriving!

Crockett says it's time for tomatoes so I'm going to bring some back next week from Mom and Dad's house. On a side note, the violas are going to town!

What else did I do yesterday? Drop my phone in the ocean. So long, photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment