Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Break

It's 80º! I am thrilled that the team I coach is on spring break and I can enjoy this glorious weather! Thank goodness I'm not running the Boston Marathon today - it's toasty! I planted some "High Scent" Sweet Peas and Morning Glories around the base of mom and dad's lamp post. It may be a little early for that but the hot weather has me ancy. I mowed the lawn for the first time all year this morning, and have a sunburn to prove it.
Zinnias and Phlox (2 on left), then Basil, Beets in the last planter, pots in the foreground have Dahlias, Garlic and Peas.
Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme
At my house in RI I put the Zinnias, Phlox and Violas in a planter and put all the Beet seedlings in another one. I am now giving disproportionate space to Beets and Dahlias, so much for my careful planning! I swapped out a dead Zinnia for a fresh one and did the same with a Basil plant. The peat pots make this maneuver a cinch so I'll have to remember it in the future! Then I prepared 2 hanging baskets for tomatoes - apparently I should have sweetened the soil with Lime back in the fall but this will have to do. It's a month before I can put in the tomato plants anyway. In another hanging basket I put the Oregano, Thyme and Rosemary. Why do I always grow so much Oregano when I barely ever cook with it?

We're going on a beach picnic for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment