Monday, October 10, 2011

Bulbs


Angelique Tulip (White Flower Farm photo)
  
Champagne Diamond Tulip (White Flower Farm photo)

Lemon Glow Daffodil (White Flower Farm photo)
Big day for bulb planting! The White Flower Farm tulips (Angelique and Champagne Diamond), Lemon Glow daffodils, ipheions, and Lily Naturalizing Mix all arrived. Luckily I had Mom's bulb planter which helped a lot. I got permission from the homeowners to plant on the south side of the house so I dog up the grass sod-style in chuncks and then replaced it after planting. I hope flowers are strong enough to grow up through the grass! My new south garden will include the tulips, hyacinths in white, ranunculus in all colors, 10 of the lilies, and now I've forgotten but I think there were more daffodils in there. In the front of the house I did a few patches of 5 lily bulbs and 5 daffodils because the packaging said they can handle part shade but I'm a little skeptical about this. At the corners I put patches of crocus and ipheion - all very small blue, white, and purple flowers that I think will bloom around the same time in the spring. I hope they bloom! After planting 100+ bulbs my whole body is sore!

No comments:

Post a Comment